Pyrus communis 'Conference'
(Pear Tree) A well known cultivar, Pear 'Conference' has heavy crops of firm and tasty fruit with an elegant, long neck. Grafted on Quince A rootstocks.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Shipped within 2 - 4 working days
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A well known cultivar, Pear 'Conference' has heavy crops of firm and tasty fruit with an elegant, long neck. It is named after the award it won at the British National Pear Conference in 1885. A hardy tree and suitable for cooler areas of the United Kingdom.
Grafted on Quince A rootstocks.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small branching tree.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
- Notes: Pear 'Conference' is a self fertile form but will produce heavier crops of fruit with another pear cultivar planted nearby.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Fruit - Edible