- Sold Out
(Epaulette Tree) Pterostyrax corymbosa is an exquisite and rare tall shrub or very small tree from China and Japan with panicles of fragrant white flowers in May and June.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
An exquisite and rare tall shrub or very small tree from China and Japan with panicles of fragrant white flowers in May and June. The leaves of Pterostyrax corymbosa are oval and turn attractive shades of yellow before falling in autumn.
Pterostyrax corymbosa is hardy but usually seem to do best in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Pterostyrax corymbosa requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Pterostyrax corymbosa grows to be a tall shrub or very small, upright tree.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Notes: Pterostyrax corymbosa will flower much better if planted in a hot, sunny position.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small, Shrub - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Catkins, Flowers in Summer, Rare and Unusual