(Great White Cherry) A sensational small to medium sized, decideous tree once established, Prunus 'Taihaku' has a robust habit and masses of large, pure white flowers in spring.
Leading shoots pruned to encourage branching once established.
A sensational small to medium sized tree, Prunus 'Taihaku' has masses of large, pure white flowers in spring. The young leaves are purple-bronze in colour, turning dark green as they age later in the year. The white flowers stand out well against the dark foliage and can create a breath-taking display of spring colour!
Prunus 'Taihaku' is a sought after garden tree and a wonderful addition to nearly any garden.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Tolerates damp but well drained soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Prunus 'Taihaku' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized branching tree.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: Prunus 'Taihaku' are known for their vigorous root systems and should not be planted over drains or close to house foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Tree - Medium (8m - 15m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring