Prunus incisa 'Kojo-no-mai'
(Fuji cherry) Prunus incisa 'Kojo-no-mai' is a superb, very small tree with masses of lovely with flowers in spring and fantastic scarlet red and orange autumn colour once established.
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Alternatively order by calling our office on 01530 413700
Lovely, delicate cherry with wiry, slightly contorted stems which burst into life in late winter and early spring with pale pink buds that open into an amazing display of pure white flowers.
The leaves are dark green with a slightly serrated edge and in a good autumn can turn vivid shades of orange and dark red before falling.
Prunus incisa 'Kojo-no-mai' is a superb, small flowering tree which is ideal for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Rate of Growth: Slow .
- Habit: Prunus incisa 'Kojo-no-mai' eventually grows to be a medium sized, densely branching, rounded shrub or very small tree.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Prunus incisa 'Kojo-no-mai' is a particularly good specimen plant for growing in a large container, as it is tough yet attractive all year round.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour