Prunus 'Chocolate Ice'
(Flowering Cherry) Prunus 'Chocolate Ice' (Matsumae-fuki) is an eye-catching, small, upright tree with clusters of large single, white flowers and lovely deep chocolate-brown young leaves in spring.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
Prunus 'Chocolate Ice' (Matsumae-fuki) is an eye-catching, small, upright tree with clusters of large single, white flowers and lovely deep chocolate-brown young leaves in spring. As the leaves age in summer they gradually turn dark green. The combination of pretty white flowers against the dark leaves makes Prunus 'Chocolate Ice' a fantastic choice of tree for spring interest.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small branching tree, narrow and upright initially and spreading once mature.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: Prunus are known for their vigorous root systems and should not be planted over drains or close to house foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils
- Special Features
- Flowering in Spring, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
- On sale!