Potentilla fruticosa 'Danny Boy'
(Cinquefoil) New to us, Potentilla fruticosa 'Danny Boy' is a small, rounded shrub with green summer leaves and masses of large (up to 2 - 3 cm wide) rich pink flowers in summer.
New to us, Potentilla fruticosa 'Danny Boy' is a small, rounded shrub with green summer leaves and masses of large (up to 2 - 3 cm wide) rich pink flowers in summer. These flowers stand out very well against the silvery-green leaves.
Very eye-catching flower displays once established. Flowers best in a sunny spot and will grow well in a container.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Flower Colour: Rich pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Potentilla fruticosa 'Danny Boy' grows to be a small, compact, rounded shrub with a lax habit initially.
- Height: 0.6 - 1 m (2 - 3 ft).
- Spread: 0.6 - 0.8 (2 - 3 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Autumn