Platycrater arguta is a rare shrub native to parts of China which is similar in a appearance to a Hydrangea with slender bright green leaves and eye-catching white, four petaled flowers in mid summer.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Platycrater arguta is a rare shrub native to parts of China which is similar in a appearance to a Hydrangea with slender bright green leaves and eye-catching white, four petaled flowers in mid summer. it is deciduous with the leaves falling in autumn.
Requires a very warm, sheltered position in light or partial shade.
- Position: Light, dappled shade or partial.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Frost tender. Platycrater arguta may require significant winter protection in cold winters and can suffer damage in severe cold. Requires a greenhouse or similar in cold winters.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: White.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Platycrater arguta grows to be a small, spreading shrub.
- Height: up to 80 - 100 cm (3 ft)
- Spread: 100 cm (3 ft)
- Important: Please also note that Platycrater arguta can be a fickle and difficult plant, suitable for experienced gardeners only. As such, it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Rare and Unusual, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot