Pittosporum tenuifolium ‘Petite Plum’
(Tawhiwhi) New to us, Pittosporum tenuifolium ‘Petite Plum’ is a handsome, small evergreen shrub with a compact rounded habit and mottled, dark purple mature leaves with bright green young leaves in spring.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
New to us, Pittosporum tenuifolium ‘Petite Plum’ is a handsome, small evergreen shrub with a compact rounded habit and mottled, dark purple mature leaves with bright green young leaves in spring.
A great low shrub for warm gardens, looking lovely in a sunny border or a large container. Requires shelter from wind!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Pittosporum tenuifolium 'Petite Plum' may require significant protection in severe cold weather and shelter cold winter winds. You may see some mottling on the leaves after a cold winter winter which will gradually disappear as it starts to grow again in spring.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small compact, rounded shrub.
- Height: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: Please be aware that Pittosporum tenuifolium 'Petite Plum' can be a difficult plant to grow as it can be damaged or killed in the winter, if caught by frost or if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant