Pinus strobus 'Elkins Dwarf'
(Dwarf White Pine) An unusual dwarf conifer, Pinus strobus 'Elins Dwarf' is a very slow growing, compact small shrub with a densely branched, rounded habit once established.
Potted into 7.5L container recently
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An unusual dwarf conifer, Pinus strobus 'Elkins Dwarf' is a very slow growing, compact small shrub with a densely branched, rounded habit once established. The needles are bluish-green in colour.
Suitable for gardens with limited space and for growing in large containers. Best in well drained soil..
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Avoid wet or waterlogged ground.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: slow.
- Habit: Pinus strobus 'Elkins Dwarf' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized, rounded or slightly spreading shrub.
- Height: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid
- Special Features
- Foliage - Blue/Silver, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual