(Bristlecone Pine) Pinus aristata is a very slow growing and incredibly long lived Pine tree which is native to Southwestern parts of the United States.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Pinus aristata is a very slow growing and incredibly long lived Pine tree which is native to Southwestern parts of the United States. The sparse needles are short and grey-green green in colour. Distinctive white resin flecks appear on the needles, particularly noticeable when young. These gradually develop into very small trees but are not for instant gratification, taking years and years to grow.
Very established specimens eventually develop distinctive gnarled and twisted trunks. Requires a sheltered position in full sun with good drainage. Avoid cold, windy or waterlogged areas.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow!
- Habit: Eventually a large shrub or small tree.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Rare and Unusual, Habit - Architectural