(Bristlecone Pine) Pinus aristata is a very slow growing and incredibly long lived Pine tree which is native to Southwestern parts of the United States.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Pinus aristata is a very slow growing and incredibly long lived Pine tree which is native to Southwestern parts of the United States. The sparse needles are short and grey-green green in colour. These gradually develop into very small trees but are not for instant gratification, taking years and years to grow.
Very established specimens eventually develop distinctive gnarled and twisted trunks. Requires a sheltered position in full sun with good drainage. Avoid cold, windy or waterlogged areas.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow!
- Habit: Eventually a large shrub or small tree.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Rare and Unusual, Habit - Architectural
You might also likeNew Price Each £45.00New Price Each £35.00
New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £12.95
Regular price £9.95 -5% New Price Each £9.45
- On sale!