(Mountain Pine) Pinus mugo is a tough branching shrub or eventually very small, usually multi-stemmed tree native to parts of Central and Western Europe with a dense, bushy habit and dark green needles.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Pinus mugo is a tough branching shrub or eventually very small, usually multi-stemmed tree native to parts of Central and Western Europe with a dense, bushy habit and dark green needles.
Slow growing and not for instant gratification but architectural once established. Best in a sunny position with good drainage - avoid waterlogged areas. Excellent for rock gardens.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Most well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Eventually a large shrub or small branching tree, usually wider than it is tall once established.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Habit - Architectural, To grow in a pot