Pinus strobus 'Himmelblau'
(Eastern White Pine or Weymouth Pine) An unusual conifer, Pinus strobus 'Himmelblau' has intensely steel-blue needles with a silvery shine and is reputed to be the most 'blue' of all the Pinus strobus varieties in Europe.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Shipped within 2 - 4 working days
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An unusual conifer, Pinus strobus 'Himmelblau' has intensely steel-blue needles with a silvery shine and is reputed to be the most 'blue' of all the Pinus strobus varieties in Europe. Grows with an upright, conical habit initially, spreading as it matures.
Pinus strobus 'Himmelblau' will have best foliage colour if planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Avoid wet or waterlogged ground.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Pinus strobus 'Himmelblau' grows to be a small or eventually medium sized tree.
- Height: 10 - 12 m (32 - 40 ft)
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Rare and Unusual, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver