- On sale!
(Maritime Pine) A pine tree native to the Mediterranean area, Pinus pinaster grows to be a branching medium sized tree with grey-green needles and long lasting brown cones.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A pine tree native to the Mediterranean area, Pinus pinaster grows to be a branching medium sized tree with grey-green needles and long lasting brown cones. Established plants have fissured, reddish brown bark.
Pinus pinaster is hardy and very suited to growing in sandy soils and windy, coastal areas.
- Position: Full sun or dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Pinus pinaster is drought tolerant and enjoys dry, sandy soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized or sometimes large, dome-shaped tree.
- Height: 15 - 20 m (50 - 65 ft)
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
You might also like