Pinus parviflora 'Shikoku'
(Japanese White Pine) Pinus parviflora 'Shikoku' is a beautiful selection of Japanese Pine with very eye-catching pale green and white needles.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A beautiful selection of Japanese Pine with very eye-catching pale green needles and occasional splashes of creamy-white variegation. Known for being slow growing, Pinus parviflora 'Shikoku' will usually have have its best display of needle colour in a position with sun or partial shade.
A large conical shrub or eventually very small, elegant tree.
- Position: Full sun or dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow to slow.
- Habit: Pinus parviflora 'Shikoku'' grows to be a medium sized to large shrub in the short term or eventually a very small tree with a conical habit.
- Height: Eventually up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft) / or up to 1.2 - 1.5 m (4 - 5 ft) tall in 10 years.
- Spread: Eventually up to 2 m (6 ft) / or up to 80 - 100 cm (2½ - 3ft ) in 10 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Variegated, Habit - Architectural, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also like