Pinus parviflora 'Goldilocks'
(Japanese White Pine) An unusual and slow growing Japanese Pine, Pinus parviflora 'Goldilocks' has very handsome bright golden needles which stand out particularly well in winter.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual and slow growing Japanese Pine, Pinus parviflora 'Goldilocks' has very handsome bright golden needles which stand out particularly well in winter. The young shoots usually have the most brightly coloured needles, with the more mature needles staying darker blue-green in colour.
Pinus parviflora 'Goldilocks' is slow growing and usually has its best display of colourful needles in a position with sun or partial shade. Effectively a shrub in the short term or eventually a very, very small tree in many years.
- Position: Full sun or dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Pinus parviflora 'Goldilocks' tolerates nutritionally poor soil but dislikes wet soils with poor drainage.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Pinus parviflora 'Goldilocks' grows to be a shrub in the short term or eventually a very small tree with a conical habit.
- Height: Eventually up to 2.5 - 4 m (8 - 13 ft) / or up to 80 - 100 cm (3 ft) tall in 10 years
- Spread: Eventually up to 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft) / or up to 40 - 60 cm (2 - 2½ft ) in 10 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow
You might also like