Pinus strobus 'Pendula'
(Weeping White Pine) A graceful weeping conifer, Pinus strobus 'Pendula' has cascading branches covered with soft, blue-green needles.
This plant is only available in small numbers and is very rarely listed for sale.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A graceful weeping conifer, Pinus strobus 'Pendula' has cascading branches covered with soft, blue-green needles. Very handsome once established, this selection grows more slowly than a classic Pinus strobus and will eventually grow to be a small, spreading tree.
In our experience, to give a tree-like habit initially, the leading shoot of Pinus strobus 'Pendula' should be trained up a bamboo cane to the required height. Once it has reached the set height (be it 1, 2 or however many meters), remove the bamboo cane support from the main leader and allow it to weep down from that height.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Pinus strobus 'Pendula' eventually grows to be a small weeping tree, spreading once established.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Rare and Unusual, Habit - Weeping