Pinus densiflora 'Pendula'
(Weeping Japanese Red Pine) An unusual slow growing tree in the UK, Pinus densiflora 'Pendula' has an attractive, stiffly weeping habit, dark green needles and once established burnished dark orange-red bark.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual slow growing tree in the UK, Pinus densiflora 'Pendula' has an attractive, stiffly weeping habit, dark green needles and once established burnished dark orange-red bark.
As Pinus densiflora 'Pendula' will weep stiffly, if a taller plant is preferred it is generally best to train the main leader to the required height up a large bamboo cane or support to the required height. Once this support is removed it will cascade down.
If planted and the main leader not supported, Pinus densiflora 'Pendula' will grow to be a low, spreading pendulous conifer, still very handsome and good for growing down over walls, etc.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Pinus densiflora 'Pendula' grows to be a very small weeping tree if supported, a weeping shrub if not.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) if the leader is supported.
- Spread: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Habit - Weeping, Rare and Unusual, Habit - Architectural
You might also like