Pinus strobus 'Torulosa'
(Twisted White Pine) A lovely tree, Pinus strobus 'Torulosa' is grown for its fascinating, contorted and twisted, steel blue/green needles.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard
A lovely tree, Pinus strobus 'Torulosa' is grown for its fascinating, contorted and twisted, steel blue/green needles. It has been amusingly referred to in the past by one of the visitors to our arboretum as a plant which has has a 'really bad hair day'!
In our opinion, Pinus strobus 'Torulosa' is a very handsome, specimen tree and the contorted needles are unusual enough to make people stop and stare at it as they walk past.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Pinus strobus 'Torulosa' eventually grows to be a small or medium sized tree with a upright narrow pyramidal form.
- Height: 10 m (30 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small, Tree - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Blue/Silver, Foliage - Unusual Shape, Rare and Unusual