Pinus strobus 'Torulosa'
(Twisted White Pine) A lovely tree, Pinus strobus 'Torulosa' is grown for its fascinating, contorted and twisted, steel blue/green needles.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A lovely tree, Pinus strobus 'Torulosa' is grown for its fascinating, contorted and twisted, steel blue/green needles. It has been amusingly referred to in the past by one of the visitors to our arboretum as a plant which has has a 'really bad hair day'!
In our opinion, Pinus strobus 'Torulosa' is a very handsome, specimen tree and the contorted needles are unusual enough to make people stop and stare at it as they walk past.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Pinus strobus 'Torulosa' eventually grows to be a small or medium sized tree with a upright narrow pyramidal form.
- Height: 10 m (30 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also like