Pinus parviflora 'Blue Giant'
(Japanese White Pine) Native to parts of Central and Southern Japan, Pinus parviflora 'Blue Giant' is the blue needled pine portrayed on fine porcelain in the "willow pattern".
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Native to parts of Central and Southern Japan, Pinus parviflora 'Blue Giant' is the blue needled pine portrayed on fine porcelain in the "willow pattern". Established plants produce reddish brown cones which stand out well against the colourful needles.
Pinus parviflora 'Blue Giant' is an unusual and distinctively shaped tree with lovely silvery-blue needles, longer than those of the species.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Pinus parviflora 'Blue Giant' tolerates nutritionally poor soil but dislikes wet soils with poor drainage.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Pinus parviflora 'Blue Giant' grows to be a small tree with a pyramidal, upright habit.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: A specimen of Pinus parviflora 'Blue Giant' in our own gardens had reached a height of 3 m (10 ft) and a spread of 1.5 m (5 ft) after 10 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver, Rare and Unusual
You might also like