- Sold Out
(Stone Pine or Umbrella Pine ) A native of Southern Europe, Pinus pinea is a lovely architectural pine tree with large cones, a deeply fissured trunk and distinctive broad, spreading head of branches.
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands*
For assistance or to order by phone call our office on 01530 413700
A native of Southern Europe, Pinus pinea is a lovely architectural pine tree with large cones, a deeply fissured trunk and a distinctive broad, spreading head of branches. The needles are dark green and large rounded cones appear on mature specimens.
Unusual in the United Kingdom, once established this pine often has a spread of branches wider than the tree is tall. An excellent addition to a 'Mediterranean' style garden or border.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Pinus pinea is drought tolerant.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow or moderate once established.
- Habit: Eventually a small to medium sized tree with a broad, spreading crown.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- Notes: The immature foliage is soft grey/green in colour. This is replaced by the more familiar dark green needles as the tree grows.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small, Tree - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Ornamental Bark, Fruit - Ornamental
- Sold Out