(Stone Pine or Umbrella Pine ) A native of Southern Europe, Pinus pinea is a lovely architectural pine tree with large cones, a deeply fissured trunk and distinctive broad, spreading head of branches.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A native of Southern Europe, Pinus pinea is a lovely architectural pine tree with large cones, a deeply fissured trunk and a distinctive broad, spreading head of branches. The needles are dark green and large rounded cones appear on mature specimens.
Unusual in the United Kingdom, once established this pine often has a spread of branches wider than the tree is tall. An excellent addition to a 'Mediterranean' style garden or border.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Pinus pinea is drought tolerant.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow or moderate once established.
- Habit: Eventually a small to medium sized tree with a broad, spreading crown.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- Notes: The immature foliage is soft grey/green in colour. This is replaced by the more familiar dark green needles as the tree grows.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £65.00