Pileostegia viburnoides is a handsome and unusual, flowering evergreen climber which can be found growing in the wild in China, Taiwan and India.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Superb and unusual evergreen climber which can be found growing in the wild in China, Taiwan and India. Pileostegia viburnoides is a close relative of Schizophragma and is grown for its bold, glossy, evergreen leaves which contrast well with the beautiful panicles of milky-white flowers in late summer.
Although somewhat slow to establish, this is an excellent choice of climber for a sheltered wall, fence or growing up old trees to give them additional interest!
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Pileostegia viburnoides grows better in warmer areas and should be protected from severe frosts in winter as a young plant by covering with a material such as fleece, straw, old leaves, etc. Do not plant in a position exposed to strong, cold winds.
- Flowering Period: July - October.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Very slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, self-clinging climbing plant.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: Pileostegia viburnoides can take several years before it starts to flower fully.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also likeNew Price Each £28.00New Price Each £9.95
New Price Each £15.00
New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £12.95
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00