Phymosia umbellata 'Blood of Pan'
(Bush Mallow) Native to Mexico, Phymosia umbellata 'Blood of Pan' is an unusual evergreen or semi-evergreen shrub with eye-catching large dark blood-red flowers in summer.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
Native to Mexico, Phymosia umbellata 'Blood of Pan' is an unusual evergreen or semi-evergreen shrub with eye-catching large dark blood-red flowers in summer. The flowers are popular with insects including bees and butterflies. The leaves are large, greyish-green in colour and deeply lobed.
Most suited to a warm and sheltered position in full sun. Can be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Most well drained soil. Tolerant of dry soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Requires a sheltered position and protection in severe winters. Not suitable for cold, exposed areas.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized branching shrub.
- Height: up to 1.5 - 2 m (6 ft) - possibly larger in very mild areas.
- Spread: up to 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Please be aware that Phymosia umbellata 'Blood of Pan' can be damaged or killed in the winter by cold weather if not adequately protected and if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual, Evergreen, Wildlife Friendly - Bees