Persicaria microcephala 'Red Dragon'
An unusual herbaceous plant, Persicaria microcephala 'Red Dragon' has dark maroon red & green leaves with a striking white markings.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual herbaceous plant, Persicaria microcephala 'Red Dragon' has dark maroon red & green leaves with a striking white markings. Clusters of small white flower can be seen in mid summer.
A spreading ground cover perennial most suitable for a position in sun or dappled shade with shelter from strong wind. Works well as a foil for plants with golden or light green leaves.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Persicaria affinis 'Donald Lowndes' grows to be a spreading, ground cover plant.
- Height: 20 cm (½ ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft) +
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Ground Cover, Herbaceous - Medium, Herbaceous - Large (Tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Leaf Colour - Variegated