Parrotia persica 'Pendula'
(Weeping Persian Ironwood) A rare and attractive tree, Parrotia persica 'Pendula' has splendid orange / red autumn colour and an eye-catching spreading/weeping habit.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A rare and attractive tree, Parrotia persica 'Pendula' has splendid orange / red autumn colour and an eye-catching spreading/weeping habit.
This grafted plant tends to be a little slower growing then some other selections of Parrotia and ideally, the main growing leader should be supported up a bamboo cane or similar to the required height after which the support can be removed and the Parrotia persica 'Pendula' will gradually weep to the ground.
If grown without support Parrotia persica 'Pendula' will usually spread and creep at a relatively low height and act essentially as an unusual ground cover plant.
- Position: Sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: January - February.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Parrotia persica 'Pendula' grows to be a very small weeping tree.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) if trained to required height
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: In our experience although hardy, Parrotia persica 'Pendula' will hold onto its fabulous autumn colours much longer if planted in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Weeping, Rare and Unusual
You might also like