Parrotia persica 'Jodrell Bank'
(Persian Ironwood) Parrotia persica 'Jodrell Bank' is a superb small tree with dainty red, strap-like, flowers in midwinter, green summer leaves and brilliant autumn colours.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A fine, small tree with small, red, strap-like, flowers in midwinter and brilliant autumn tints. Raised in the arboretum attached to the famous radio telescope near Manchester.
Parrotia persica 'Jodrell Bank' grows to be a handsome, upright tree.
- Position: Sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: January - February.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Small or eventually medium sized branching tree with an upright habit.
- Height: 10 m (32 ft) / [up to 4 m (13 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft) / [2 m (6 ft) after 10 years]
- Notes: In our experience, Parrotia persica 'Jodrell Bank' will hold onto its fabulous autumn colours much longer if planted in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Rare and Unusual
You might also like