(Japanese Spurge) Pachysandra terminalis is a tough, evergreen, ground cover plant which is very useful as ground cover, growing in most soils and in sun or shade.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A tough, evergreen, ground cover plant which is native to the moist deciduous woods of China and Japan. Pachysandra terminalishas dark green, glossy leaves and clusters of tiny white flowers in early summer.
Over time Pachysandra terminalis grows to form a dense, spreading mat. A versatile, low maintenance plant with will grow well in very heavy shade!
- Position: Sun or shade. Pachysandra terminalis will grow well in heavy shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May to June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Pachysandra terminalis grows to be a spreading, dense ground cover plant.
- Height: 0.2 m (1/2 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Notes: If planting Pachysandra terminalis to cover a large area within a reasonable time frame, we would suggest planting several at 80 - 100 cm (2 - 3 ft) apart.
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Evergreen
You might also like