Osmanthus delavayi 'Frank Knight'
(Compact Chinese Osmanthus) A handsome, slow growing evergreen shrub, Osmanthus delavayi 'Frank Knight' has small, glossy, dark-green leaves, dusky purple when young and clusters of fragrant,white flowers in late spring.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome, slow growing evergreen shrub, Osmanthus delavayi 'Frank Knight' has small, glossy, dark-green leaves, dusky purple when young and clusters of fragrant,white flowers in late spring. These flowers stand out well against the darker foliage.
Osmanthus delavayi 'Frank Knight' is a lovely flowering habit with a fairly upright, compact habit. Slow growing and not for instant gratification but very attractive as a specimen border plant or for growing in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Osmanthus delavayi 'Frank Knight' grows to be an upright small to medium sized branching shrub over time.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 1 - 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), To grow in a pot, Scented