Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus'
(Holly Olive) An unusual evergreen shrub, Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus' has dark green/purple mature foliage with the younger shoots dark purple in colour.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An unusual evergreen shrub, Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus' has dark green/purple mature foliage with the younger shoots dark purple in colour. Small fragrant flower clusters appear on the branches of mature specimens.
Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus' can be grown in a container if required or makes an excellent border shrub.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April and May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus' grows to be a densely branched medium sized or eventually large rounded shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Spring, Foliage - Purple/Red, Screening/Hedge, Foliage - Unusual Shape