Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus'
(Holly Olive) An unusual evergreen shrub, Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus' has dark green/purple mature foliage with the younger shoots dark purple in colour.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual evergreen shrub, Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus' has dark green/purple mature foliage with the younger shoots dark purple in colour. Small fragrant flower clusters appear on the branches of mature specimens.
Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus' can be grown in a container if required or makes an excellent border shrub.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April and May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Purpureus' grows to be a densely branched medium sized or eventually large rounded shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Screening/Hedge, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large