(Southern Beech) Nothofagus dombeyi is an unusual medium sized to large evergreen tree native to Chile and Argentina with dark, glossy green leaves.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Nothofagus dombeyi is an unusual medium sized to large evergreen tree native to Chile and Argentina with dark, glossy green leaves. Grows with good vigour in warmer parts of the UK and develops a graceful spreading, branching habit as it becomes established.
A handsome tree best suited for a position in full sun with shelter from cold winter winds. May loose some leaves in winter in cooler areas.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained or moist, fertile soil. Nothofagus dombeyi will not grow well in a shallow, chalky soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Not suitable for very cold, exposed areas and requires a position with shelter from cold wind.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized or eventually large, branching tree.
- Height: 15 - 20 m (50 - 65 ft).
- Spread: 12 - 15 m (40 - 50 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (8m - 15m), Tree - Large (15m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Habit - Architectural, Ornamental Bark, Honey Fungus Resistant, Evergreen, Foliage - Unusual Shape