(Tibetan Neillia) Neillia thibetica is a beautiful, yet often overlooked medium sized shrub covered with racemes of pink flowers in summer which is native to rocky areas of Western China.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A beautiful, yet overlooked shrub which is native to rocky areas of Western China. Neillia thibetica has pale green leaves and slender racemes of pink, tubular flowers in early summer. These flowers are very popular with butterflies and bees. The bare stems in winter are a striking, chestnut brown.
Neillia thibetica is a lovely and unusual flowering garden plant, well suited to a position in sun or light, dappled shade!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Neillia thibetica grows to be a medium sized shrub with arching branches once established.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: A specimen of Neillia thibetica, planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 1.75 m and a spread of 1.5 m after 8 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), To grow in a pot
You might also like