- Sold Out
(Wire Vine) An evergreen climber or ground cover plant native to New Zealand, Muehlenbeckia complexa has wiry, twining stems and tiny, bright green, fiddle-shaped leaves.
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Alternatively order by calling our office on 01530 413700
An evergreen climber native to New Zealand, Muehlenbeckia complexa has wiry, twining stems and tiny, bright green, fiddle-shaped leaves. A vigorous yet useful addition to nearly any garden, looking particularly good when used for screening and allowed to ramble over logs, old stumps and up slopes or walls.
Also Muehlenbeckia complexa is great for climbing through and enlivening an old conifer which may otherwise be past its sell by date!
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Muehlenbeckia complexa requires shelter from cold winter winds and can suffer some damage in exceptionally cold winters if not protected.
- Flowering Period: July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Muehlenbeckia complexa grows to be a medium sized climber.
- Height: up to 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium, Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge