Microbiota decussata 'Gold Spot'
(Variegated Russian Arborvitae) Microbiota decussata 'Gold Spot' is a low growing, hardy evergreen conifer with green leaves covered with patches of attractive yellow variegation.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Microbiota decussata 'Gold Spot' is a low growing, hardy evergreen conifer with green leaves covered with patches of attractive yellow variegation. The leaves turn handsome shades of bronze in winter.
Established specimens form a thick 'carpet' and therefore are very effective as ground cover plants in both sun or shade.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Any well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Very hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Spreading ground cover plant.
- Height: up to 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- Notes: Microbiota decussata is a sturdy plant ideal for cold, exposed gardens.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Windy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Suitable for Containers, Foliage - Variegated