Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Waasland'
(Dawn Redwood ) An unusual new cultivar, Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Waasland' has soft, light green leaves in spring / summer and a distinctive, narrow nearly columnar habit.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An unusual new cultivar, Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Waasland' has soft, light green leaves in spring / summer and a distinctive, narrow nearly columnar habit. The bark can be very dark, nearly black in places. This has a more compact, slender habit than the species and as such is more suitable for smaller gardens.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Waasland' particularly enjoys damp or wet sites.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized tree with a narrow, compact, conical habit.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: As this is a new introduction, the above eventual sizes are an estimate based on a six year old specimen of Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Waasland' growing in our arboretum.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Habit - Narrow
You might also like