Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Waasland'
(Dawn Redwood) An unusual new cultivar, Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Waasland' has soft, light green leaves in spring / summer and a distinctive, narrow nearly columnar habit.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual new cultivar, Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Waasland' has soft, light green leaves in spring / summer and a distinctive, narrow nearly columnar habit. The bark can be very dark, nearly black in places. This has a more compact, slender habit than the species and as such is more suitable for smaller gardens.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Waasland' particularly enjoys damp or wet sites.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized tree with a narrow, compact, conical habit.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: As this is a new introduction, the above eventual sizes are an estimate based on a six year old specimen of Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Waasland' growing in our arboretum.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Habit - Narrow
You might also like