Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Sheridan Spire'
(Dawn Redwood) Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Sheridan Spire' is a tall, columnar, deciduous tree with beautiful sea-green summer foliage which turns bronze in the autumn time before falling.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A handsome introduction, Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Sheridan Spire' is a columnar tree with beautiful sea-green foliage which turns bronze in the autumn time before falling.
As the name suggests, this cultivar has a more upright, slender habit than the classic Metasequoia and better suited for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Sheridan Spire' particularly enjoys damp or wet sites.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Sheridan Spire' grows to be a large, narrow, conical tree.
- Height: 20+ m (65+ ft).
- Spread: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Screening/Hedge, Habit - Narrow
You might also like