Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Goldrush'
(Golden-leaved Dawn Redwood) Introduced to Britain in 2000, this is a stunning selection of Metasequoia with fantastic, soft golden-yellow foliage all summer.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
Introduced to Britain in 2000, this is a stunning selection of Metasequoia with fantastic, soft golden-yellow foliage all summer. A deciduous tree, the golden leaves turn an attractive orange-bronze colour before falling in autumn.
Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Goldrush' is a little less vigorous then the classic species and grows to be a striking tree with a narrow, upright habit, ideal for gardens or woodland.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Goldrush' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large, slender tree with a narrow, conical habit.
- Height: 20 m (65 ft). [6 m (20 ft) after 10 years]
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft). [up to 2.5 m (8 ft) after 10 years]
- Notes: We have found that the Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Goldrush' planted in our gardens has never shown any signs of scorch in a full sun position, despite the delicate seeming golden leaves.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Habit - Narrow
You might also like