(Crab Apple) New to us, Malus 'Cowichan' is a very handsome spreading, tree with masses of pale rose-pink flowers in spring followed by red fruit in late summer and autumn once established.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Malus 'Cowichan' is a very handsome spreading, tree with masses of pale rose-pink flowers in spring followed by red fruit in late summer and autumn once established. The leaves are dark green in summer, sometimes tinged with purple when young with yellow, orange or red autumn tints.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Cowichan' grows to be a small tree with a densely branching, rounded habit. Sometimes wemi-weeping once very established.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Pruning: Malus 'Cowichan' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Fruit - Ornamental, Fruit - Edible