Malus 'Red Obelisk'
(Columnar Crab Apple) A compact and upright tree, Malus 'Red Obelisk' has masses of light pink flowers in spring followed by clusters of conical red fruit in late summer / autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A compact and upright tree, Malus 'Red Obelisk' has masses of light pink flowers in spring followed by clusters of conical red fruit in late summer / autumn. The green summer leaves have attractive yellow, orange or purple-red tints before they fall in autumn.
The narrow upright habit of Malus 'Red Obelisk' makes it very suitable for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White /l ight pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Red Obelisk' grows to be a small, fairly narrow tree.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- Pruning: Malus 'Red Obelisk' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Habit - Narrow, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like