- Sold Out
Malus 'Prairie Fire'
(Crab Apple) A new selection, Malus 'Prairie Fire' is a small tree primarily grown for its display of vivid dark pink-purple flowers in spring, followed by small, purple fruit in autumn.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
A new selection, Malus 'Prairie Fire' is primarily grown for its display of vivid dark pink-purple flowers in spring, followed by small, purple fruit in autumn. The summer leaves are dark green with occasional autumn tints before the leaves fall in October.
Malus 'Prairie Fire' is a eye-catching compact garden tree which is excellent for spring interest with its colourful flowers.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Dark pink-purple
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Prairie Fire' grows to be a small tree with a branching reasonably upright habit.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Pruning: Malus 'Prairie Fire' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Spring, Wildlife Friendly - Birds