Malus 'Prairie Fire'
(Crab Apple) A new selection, Malus 'Prairie Fire' is a small tree primarily grown for its display of vivid dark pink-purple flowers in spring, followed by small, purple fruit in autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A new selection, Malus 'Prairie Fire' is primarily grown for its display of vivid dark pink-purple flowers in spring, followed by small, purple fruit in autumn. The summer leaves are dark green with occasional autumn tints before the leaves fall in October.
Malus 'Prairie Fire' is a eye-catching compact garden tree which is excellent for spring interest with its colourful flowers.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Dark pink-purple
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Prairie Fire' grows to be a small tree with a branching reasonably upright habit.
- Height: up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Pruning: Malus 'Prairie Fire' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Good for Wildlife (Birds)
You might also like