(Crab apple) A disease resistant selection of Crab Apple, Malus 'Rudolph' has a huge numbers of large, rose-red flowers in spring which stand out well against the fresh bronze leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A disease resistant selection of Crab Apple, Malus 'Rudolph' has a huge numbers of large, rose-red flowers in spring which stand out well against the fresh bronze leaves. The colourful flowers are followed by orange-yellow fruit in late summer/autumn and lasting on the tree into winter. These fruit are popular with birds.
The leaves are bronze-purple when they emerge in spring, gradually turning to dark green later in the year.
Malus 'Rudolph' is an eye-catching small tree with good interest through the year.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Deep pink/purple
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Rudolph' grows to be a small tree with a rounded habit.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Pruning: Malus 'Rudolph' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies)