Malus 'Jelly King'
(Crab Apple) An excellent choice of tree for edible crab apples, Malus 'Jelly King' is grown for its pretty, white flowers in spring and its large, orange-pink fruit in autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An excellent choice of tree for edible crab apples, Malus 'Jelly King' is grown for its pretty, white flowers in spring and its large, orange-pink fruit in autumn. These fruit are larger then those of the other crab apples listed here and particularly suitable for cooking and by all accounts make a great crab apple jelly!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Jelly King' grows to be a compact small tree rounded crown.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: Malus 'Jelly King' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Edible, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like