(Crab Apple) An attractive new selection of Crab Apple, Malus 'Rosehip' has masses of white blossom in spring followed by large numbers of rounded red fruit in late summer/autumn which look very like rosehips.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An attractive new selection of Crab Apple, Malus 'Rosehip' has masses of white blossom in spring followed by large numbers of rounded red fruit in late summer/autumn which look very like rosehips. These fruit can be used in cooking or for making jams and jellies.
Malus 'Rosehip' is a spectacular and easy to grow, small garden tree with good year round interest!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Rosehip' grows to be a small tree with a densely branching, rounded habit.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft) / or up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft in 10 years)
- Spread: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) / or up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft) in 10 years
- Pruning: Malus 'Rosehip' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Fruit - Edible, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
You might also like