(Crab Apple) An attractive new selection of Crab Apple, Malus 'Rosehip' has masses of white blossom in spring followed by large numbers of rounded red fruit in late summer/autumn which look very like rosehips.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An attractive new selection of Crab Apple, Malus 'Rosehip' has masses of white blossom in spring followed by large numbers of rounded red fruit in late summer/autumn which look very like rosehips. These fruit can be used in cooking or for making jams and jellies.
Malus 'Rosehip' is a spectacular and easy to grow, small garden tree with good year round interest!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus 'Rosehip' grows to be a small tree with a densely branching, rounded habit.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft) / or up to 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft in 10 years)
- Spread: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft) / or up to 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft) in 10 years
- Pruning: Malus 'Rosehip' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Fruit - Edible, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
You might also like