Malus x 'Red Sentinel'
(Crab Apple) A very ornamental fruiting tree, Malus x 'Red Sentinel' has delicate, scented white flowers in spring, and cascading clusters of deep-red fruit which last long into the winter.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
A very ornamental fruiting tree, Malus x 'Red Sentinel' has delicate, scented white flowers in spring, and cascading clusters of deep-red fruit which last long into the winter. The leaves are light green in spring / summer and turn lovely shades of yellow and gold before falling in autumn.
Malus x 'Red Sentinel' is a spectacular and easy to grow, small garden tree with good year round interest!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus x 'Red Sentinel' grows to be a small tree with a densely branching, rounded habit.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Pruning: Malus x 'Red Sentinel' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Fruit - Edible, Screening/Hedge, Flowers in Spring, Fruit - Ornamental, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Wildlife Friendly - Birds
- On sale!