(Chinese Crab apple) Native to Hupeh province in China, Malus hupehensis is a free-growing small tree covered with lightly fragrant flowers which are pink when in bud, turning white as they open in spring.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Native to Hupeh province in China, Malus hupehensis is a free-growing small tree covered with lightly fragrant flowers which are pink when in bud, turning white as they open in spring. These pretty flowers are followed in autumn by small, deep red fruit. The fruit are colourful and good for wildlife.
Malus hupehensis is a beautiful small garden tree.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Small rounded tree with stiff, fairly upright branches.
- Height: 7 m (23 ft).
- Spread: 7 m (23 ft).
- Notes: The fruit of Malus hupehensis are popular with wildlife, especially birds.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Fruit - Ornamental
You might also like