Magnolia grandiflora 'Kay Parris'
(Evergreen Magnolia) Magnolia grandiflora 'Kay Parris'is a lovely small evergreen tree growing with a compact upright habit with large glossy green leaves and impressive cup-shaped, scented creamy white flowers in mid to late summer once established.
Magnolia grandiflora 'Kay Parris' is a lovely small evergreen tree growing with a compact upright habit with large glossy green leaves and impressive cup-shaped, scented creamy white flowers in mid to late summer once established. The underside of the leaves is covered with a bronze-brown felt.
Best flower display if planted in a sunny position with shelter from strong winds. Avoid, cold exposed areas.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Magnolia grandiflora 'Kay Parris' requires shelter from cold winds and can have bronzed or slightly scorched leaves after very cold weather when young. Easier to grow well in warm, sheltered gardens.
- Flowering Period: August - October.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia grandiflora 'Kay Parris' grows to be a large upright shrub or eventually small upright tree, possibly slightly larger in very mild areas.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft).
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Scented