Magnolia 'Old Port'
(Magnolia) A large shrub, upright initially becoming more rounded with age which has masses of flowers in spring, wine red on the outside of the petals, pale inside.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A large shrub, upright initially becoming a little more rounded with age which has masses of flowers in spring, wine red on the outside of the petals, pale inside.
Best in a position sheltered from strong wind with sun or light, dappled shade. Avoid planting in a position prone to sitting wet or being waterlogged through the winter.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Dark purple-red.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia 'Old Port' grows to be a medium sized to large shrub once established.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Spring